Thursday, February 21, 2013

there it is - the empty sea..

 Tali was making us all laugh with corny jokes as we drove her to the MTC.   As we stood there - across the street saying our goodbyes, her last bit of nonsense to keep the tears at bay was "it's a good thing, because I hate fish."    I asked her what she meant by that.  She reminded me that I had just said "there it is - the empty sea."




 So with that bit of profundity mixed with our hugs and "i love you forever" - off she went, to swim upstream, to just keep swimming, to be a fish out of water...  or whatever she needs to be great in the MTC.  


We can't wait to hear from her.  I hope she's had angels bearing her up for the past 30 hours or so, as she gets used to her new swim.  I hope she slept okay last night  and if not then, tonight :) 
She's a missionary!


2 comments:

  1. Wahoo!
    When will we know her address? I need to send her an MTC care package. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep swimming...just keep swimming..
    Really she will be too busy to miss home much and she is going to have the time of her life!

    ReplyDelete