Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Do not live below your privileges!

Joke of the Week: "What did the sister missionary say to her friends?" A: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)
Quote of the Week: "We weren't looking for the Mexicans. We were looking for the elect!" -Hermana Sanchez
Well what a change this week has been! l shall start with a poem about my life:
 
l tried very hard to keep faith in my steps
Changes would come quickly cause l was comfortable again.
l'd learned my place here, and knew where to go
l had a routine to pace, and a lead to follow.
Sure as the sun, the changes they came,
When l woke up that morning, l knew nothing was the same.
The feeling was scary, stressful at first
lt was all up to me, for better or for worse.
We were starting over fresh, opening a new door
All the mistakes l'd made didn't matter anymore.
l could ride where l felt, and eat different food!
l could break old habits, and be in different moods!
l've unlocked my heart, and it's opening slowly,
l'm changing so much that l don't even know me.
My knees won't unbend and my head is still spinning,
Oh what a beautiful, brand new beginning! :)
 
Alright well that's pretty much explains it. Good news is that one of my investigators asked me if my native language was Spanish or English cause he couldn't tell! Wahoo! Bad news is that l'm now driving THE CAR! :( lt was made in like... 2011. Finding my way around town isn't as hard as l thought it'd be, but this new spaceship parks like a boat. l try to remember that l've driven 15 passenger vans... but this car just seems HUGE.
l don't have a ton to say this week... but there is a quote by Dieter F. Utchdorf that l LOVE. lt goes like this:
"All who strive earnestly to follow Christ are called his disciples. Although we recognize that none of us are perfect, we do not use that fact as an excuse to lower expectations, to live beneath our privileges, to delay the day of our repentance, or to refuse to grow into better, more perfect, more refined followers of our Master and King."
My thoughts have been stationed on this quote this week... l feel SO inadequate to be in charge of these people's pathways to salvation. And it's easy to get caught up in "nobody's perfect do'nt worry!" stuff. But l know that l CAN be better, and l CAN be more perfect. l've just got to work harder and smarter. Haha l think the "smarter" is what gets me. l love tracting and tocando puertas alllll day.... but there truly is a better way. Working with members takes a lot more planning and thinking than my brain is used to. l've got to be smarter.
Funny story: We were on an exchange with Hna. Garcia, and her little car died in the middle of an intersection! Haha it had to be pushed into a little gas station. l can only assume that our investigator really did NOT need to see us that day :)
There's so much mission lingo that l just don't use... pretty much EVERY sister missionary says "have a blessed day!" to people, and l think that that's weird, so l refuse to say it.
Haha this guy we were talking to asked how many kids were in my family and l said 8, and he responded "8 es too much zapato, too much tacos, too much *&^%!" Hahahahah made my day.
Well... this letter is random and sparse, Hasta next week!
-Hermana Gomez

Pictures 
*me and my pineapple! And then it's Sister Olander and l with Hna. Burke's grandkids :) THey're crazy but they love us :) ANd a picture of the DIstrict! Elder Ward went home :( Someday l will be like him.... hopefully.

*Elder Ward went home cause he's done with 2 years
*Janet y Samuel! Our investigators who feed us and are great!
*SIster Sanchez was in Stephenville training my friend Hna Hunter! And now l'm with Sister Sanchez!
*Weirdest meal l've eaten yet! Squash cooked like a baked potato with pico de gallo (which l made on accident) and cottage cheese and beans!
*Nueva Companera!










1 comment: